Monday, June 10, 2013

23. Caprine Arthritic Encephalitis (CAE)?


Sorry I have not been on in a while.  We have been very busy here with the end of school and medical issues.  That's alright!

 
I love your project that you are working on.  Are you going to be doing a research paper on that or just the research?  Thanks! Yes, I'll be writing a paper. In fact I'm writing it today. I haven't been able to post the progress because it's just been source cards, outlines, and such.

 

 
Do you think that the disease that you are researching Caprine Arthritic Encephalitis is an issue with a lot of goats?  What is the percentage of goat that have that in the United States? This was my first question too. I'd never heard of the disease before so I assumed it couldn't be that common. When the disease was first heard of it was just a rumor. Then once it was proved, it was believed that about 80% of goats had it. More tests continued and the number was decreased to about 33%. That's all I'll say for now though. You'll just have to wait for the paper. :) 

Have you ever seen or known personally sick goats that have that? Nope.

And since it was discovered 20 years ago, have the rates of the known disease increased, decreased or is it something that has not changed after they discovered what it was? I think it's basically stayed the same, but I'm not positive. 

 
And I am interested in hearing what your take on that whole debate is?  Are you more prone to be preventative or just precautious about Caprine Arthritic Encephalitis with your goats?  In other words, do you believe this is something that should be tested and found out whether they have it or not with your goats or are you more liable to wait and see? i.e. if they get it, then treat it.  This is what my report is going to be on. So, again, you'll just have to wait. ;)

Love you!
kk

No comments:

Post a Comment