Wednesday, June 19, 2013

26. Blunted affect, CAE, homo sapiens?

Do chickens cry?  Do they get emotional attachments’ to each other and or people or do they just show a sort of like a blunted affect (scientific term describing lack of emotional reactivity)?  I've actually never seen a chicken act upset really. I love studying their behavior. It's so neat. So, I think they just show a bunted effect, but if I witness something that changes my thoughts on it, I'll let you know.
So I am learning about CAE on your projects page.  I woke up this morning wondering if you had a goat that was pregnant and discovered that she had CAE.  When she had the kid, is there some form of treatment or something that you can do to essentially kill the virus that is in the body fluid and colostrum so the kid could still get the essential colostrum from it mother and not become infected? No, that's never happened to me. You could pasteurize the colostrum, but that would defeat the purpose of it since it would destroy the helpful bacteria and stuff. You would have to just give the kid a substitute or maybe colostrum from another milking doe.

How easily can the virus be killed once it is actually outside the goat if it can at all? I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate? It doesn't get outside of the goat. Once a goat is infected it always has the disease since it is currently incurable. It spreads through bodily fluids.
 
I know that people drink goats’ milk and make goats’ milk cheese etc.  If a goat has CAE but it is dormant and you do not know the goat is carrying the virus because it has shown no symptoms, are there any effects that humans can have from that?  It would be in the fluids from the goat right? So I know that this is not anything a human can get but can we as Homo sapiens be effected negatively from CAE at all? So far there have been no reports of humans being affected at all by CAE.

*fun fact:  Uncle Sam is said to have originated from a man named Sam Wilson during the war of 1812. Sam Wilson was a meat packer from New York. 

I like this quote by Albert Einstein.  “A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new.”

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment